Sunday, October 14, 2012

Not just Miss.Amanda.

Hi , So this is all over my Facebook news feed. [Subscribe to me here http://www.facebook.com/jcomlt]
All I'm hearing about is Miss. Amanda Todd, the girl who committed suicide because she was being bullied. Of course I understand where most of these bullying victims are coming from because as a child I was bullied by my peers. I didn't let it bother me, however.
It was alleged that she was asked to show her body parts on a video chat, and the pictures were spread all over the school. No one bothers to care that it was Amanda's mistake and she was trying to return to her normal life, at a new school, where the bullying wouldn't stop either.
In my days, I've watched many movies on bullying and taken many health classes that explained the causes and effects of bullying.
I am not afraid to say "Yes, I've bullied others," because bullying is not just pushing someone into a locker and demanding their lunch money. ( I have yet to see this actually happen)
There are different forms of bullying, there are ways we may bully without even knowing it consciously.
There are thousands of kids who don't attend school everyday because they are being bullied.
This is a world wide problem and I don't think its ever going to end.
I am dying to know what schools are prepared to do about this. ESPECIALLY in Miss. Amanda's situation.
I'm not saying it was right to do what she did, and I'm not saying the help wasn't available for her.
But there are several other factors I'd want to analyze before I make a final judgement.
All I can say no one has the right to judge.
Until next time folks, Stay Beautiful  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment